Karachi University Sample Papers For Computer Science
SECTION - C
1. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
D. identity theft.
2. A process known as ____________ is used by large retailers to study trends.
A. data mining
B. data selection
D. data conversion
3. ____________terminals (formerly known as cash registers) are often connected to complex inventory and sales computer systems.
B. Point-of-sale (POS)
4. A(n) ____________ system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scans an items tag and pulls up the current price (and any special offers) as you shop.
D. data mining
5. The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminalâ€™s computer is an example of a law enforcement specialty called:
C. computer forensics.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer?
A. gathering data
B. processing data into information
C. analyzing the data or information
D. storing the data or information
7. ____________ tags, when placed on an animal, can be used to record and track in a database all of the animalâ€™s movements.
8. Surgeons can perform delicate operations by manipulating devices through computers instead of manually. This technology is known as:
B. computer forensics.
9. Technology no longer protected by copyright, available to everyone, is considered to be:
D. in the public domain.
10. ____________ is the study of molecules and structures whose size ranges from 1 to 100 nanometers.
C. Computer forensics
D. Artificial intelligence
Status : Offline 11. ____________ is the science that attempts to produce machines that display the same type of intelligence that humans do.
D. Artificial intelligence (AI)
12. ____________ is data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful fashion.
A. A process
13. The name for the way that computers manipulate data into information is called:
14. Computers gather data, which means that they allow users to ____________ data.
15. After a picture has been taken with a digital camera and processed appropriately, the actual print of the picture is considered:
D. the process.
16. Computers use the ____________ language to process data.
17. Computers process data into information by working exclusively with:
18. In the binary language each letter of the alphabet, each number and each special character is made up of a unique combination of:
A. eight bytes.
B. eight kilobytes.
C. eight characters.
D. eight bits.
19. The term bit is short for:
B. binary language.
C. binary digit.
D. binary number.
20. A string of eight 0s and 1s is called a: