ubaid_masood

Tips and Tricks Series for GAT Exams

Rate this topic

Tip # 1:

Give yourself enough time to study:
Don't leave it until the Test day morning. While some students do seem to thrive on last-minute 'cramming', it's widely accepted that for most of us, this is not the best way to approach an exam. Set out a timetable for your study. Write down how many Subject you have and the days on which you have to sit them. Then organize your study accordingly. You may want to give some Parts more study time than others, so find a balance that you feel comfortable with. Generally, GAT has been divided in some Catgories and each has its own marks division e.g GAT C contain english 40% and 30% quantitative and 30% analytical. you can see detail about the marks division on the official site of  NTS paper patteren. decide and manage study according to your relevant Catagory.

Tip # 2:

Plan revision:

Write a good revision plan, and stick to it.  Don’t do just one subject a day, you’ll get tired of it; then again swopping too often means you don’t get the chance to get deep into anything.  I used to do mornings on one subject, afternoons on another and evenings on a third.

Tip # 3:

Do practice Questions – as many as you can lay your hands on:

The internal web has Recomended books.  Papers from previous years are stored in the Book. Work through them.  If you can't do a question, ask for help others.  With a good revision plan you should be doing nothing in the last week before the exams except working through exam papers and examples sheets making sure you can do them.

I can’t emphasise the importance of this enough.  Anyone who doesn’t work through past papers has very little chance of doing well in an exam.

Oh - and do the past papers, and the examples sheets, against the clock.  Time is short in an exam, you need to get used to thinking, and writing quickly.  Get your hand trained up so it can write fast (but legibly, please).

Tip # 4:

Stay relaxed and confident:

Keep a good attitude and remind yourself that you are going to do your best.If you find yourself panicking, take a few deep breaths. Don't talk to other students right before: stress can be contagious.

Tip # 7:

Don't dis-heart if you not succeed:

Decide on and adopt study strategies that work best for you.

Review where you succeed and where you are challenged.
Check out your Result and consult a trusted teacher for advice.

Tip # 7:

Question-spotting.

This can be risky, but if you're playing the percentages it's worth a try.  Look for any questions that was in the exam two and three years ago, but not last year.  If you can get hold of papers from further back, try and spot patterns: does any alike question come up every other year, for example?

Tip # 8:

If you can’t do the past papers – ask someone for help:

Study groups work well, provided you don’t think this will mean other people are doing your studying for you.  They can’t – that doesn’t work.  You have to go and study a subject, or attempt an exam paper by yourselves first, then meet together to discuss your answers.  Don’t work through the past papers in the group – the temptation to let other people do the work is too strong.  You need to learn to do it yourself.  Always remember, exams are not a team exercise.

Nice tips. But what was analytical reasoning? Which is time consuming plus big headache in Gat exam. I am planing to attempt it last. But in last its problem of time management. Wts ur suggestions for this issue ubaid?

Nice tips. But what was analytical reasoning? Which is time consuming plus big headache in Gat exam. I am planing to attempt it last. But in last its problem of time management. Wts ur suggestions for this issue ubaid?

if you will understand the question statement wisely you can earn 2 to 3 points per statement. time management is the true key for success in this part

if you will understand the question statement wisely you can earn 2 to 3 points per statement. time management is the true key for success in this part

Also the thing you need to do is just keep the pen active in your hand and use rough page given in the question book and do write relations while reading the statement.. you will love it if you practice this while preparing

Good Luck

Get yourself prepared for GAT tests from a qualified teacher. You will be taught those tricks and tips which make your calculation fast and you will learn the short cuts for solving quantitative portion of the test. Solving Analytical portion will be made enjoyable for you.

TIP FOR TIME MANAGEMENT IN TEST:

Try not to fill the answer circles one by one because its sort of time consuming. Rather go through a section and jst put a point in correct answer circle and then fill them at once. it will definetly save you some of precious time. through this method i hav scored 60 plus in every nts and GAT test Alhamdulillah.

ubaid maqsood .this was really helping.i cleared gat general c two times.but with 51 and 50 marks out of 3 attempts and failed one with 45.i cannot mak it to 60 in 3 attempts.thats bothering me hahahahahha

Hi,

usually students have this problem and i think manzoor m has share a good trick to save time. you can follow it and other thing.. please keep in mind that if you are not preparing properly you can not get good marks... so you have 3 attempts and you can learn alot from your experience .. use this tool to focus on your weak section.

thanks for the nice and informative post.....

plz like this page for abroad scholarships news and latest updates directly on your wall..............

(REMOVED)

Edited by Xaib Aslam
No other link allowed. Read Rules